skulls across america

music, this and that, etc.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

faraquet reforming



I rarely make it, because it does shift as the seasons change, but when I do make it, my list of favorite bands almost always includes Faraquet, the short-lived DC trio that I was fortunate enough to see 3 or 4 times, the most memorable of which was in a State College basement on a double-bill with Q and not U. I just swung by dischord.com yesterday and the news is that Faraquet is re-forming for a handful of shows as they plan to release a compilation of their singles. I'm guessing the 4 songs from the split with Akarso would also make their way onto this new release.

If you've never heard them, you can check out Cut Self Not here, its the first track off of The View From This Tower, their sole LP.

In not so stellar news, Andrew Becker, the monstrous drummer from Devin and Chad's new band, Medications, has left that band. I never did get to see them proper- Gabe and I caught a pre-Medications lineup under the name of Heat Better Scream, but Chad wasn't on bass yet at that point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home