skulls across america

music, this and that, etc.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

the kill machine



Well, a fairly boring week in Oklahoma City did at least lead me to a place called Vintage Stock, a store specializing in old gaming systems. I ~almost~ picked up an old Gameboy but couldn't pull the trigger on the $15 price tag. I did however pick up a fully functional copy of one of my favorite Atari games, Robot Tank. Up until now I've only played my malfunctioning copy of the game, which would cut out after a few minutes of play. Very sweet. I spent 3 bucks getting a copy of the M.A.S.H. game, and wow is it terrible. I was hoping to hear the entire "Suicide Is Painless" theme in 4-bit glory but alas they only play the first line of the song.

I did finally pick up a copy of Scotland, PA on DVD. Can't wait to watch it soon and fall in love with Bad Company all over again.

That Vintage Stock place had one thing that I probably should've bought... wireless Atari 2600 Joysticks! The wireless control box was big, like the size of a shoebox, and the joystick bodies were twice their normal depth, and they had walkie-talkie type antennas jutting straight out from them. Now that would have been a thing to have on the shelf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home