skulls across america

music, this and that, etc.

Monday, December 04, 2006

mellow oktober

Was october really that mellow? I thought (quite incorrectly) I may have been laid off that month, if i can remember straight, I don't know if that qualifies as mellow or not. But mellow oktober == my first attempt at home brewing beer, and tonight I'm bottling the batch. No telling how it'll turn out, but the 1 oz. sample tasted good enough that I'm pretty sure I didn't spoil the batch in my cat-infested home-brewing environment.

Good news: YANP posts midlake tour dates! Gabe, doing anything on February 8th?

Other good news: An Aquarium Drunkard posts live NY soundboard recordings!

And in the last good news bit, everyone and their brother posts their top ten of '06 lists! Did I even buy 10 new albums in 2006? What am I thinking... what w/ emusic, I nearly picked up 10 albums per month. Of course, I don't think I can list Fela Kuti albums in the "best new releases of '06" category. Perhaps I'll post some favorite new releases, and "most listened to in '06". For the benefit of Mr. Kite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home