skulls across america

music, this and that, etc.

Monday, September 04, 2006

may God bless an keep you always

What are the odds? They haven't been playing it much on this tour, in fact of the couple dozen setlists I checked out, I only saw it once, and that was only like a week ago, so I figured the odds were really slim that they'd play Forever Young last night.

And then, at the tail end of a set so good that I wasn't really concerned about what they'd play next, they started out a real mellow number, and after a few bars, Bob started singing- "May God bless and keep you always". I cheered pretty loudly right then, a solo cheer as it was (more folks cheered right before the chorus when he said the words "forever young").



It was a great show, great openers, the sound was crisp, the band sure seemed on, I was on the floor not even 20 rows back, and then they went and played that song... which vaulted the show up into my personal top five.
full setlist

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home