skulls across america

music, this and that, etc.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

gems new and old

okay, leading off in the gems department, we have Mad Dog and Glory and My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Okay, I guess since ex-girlfriend is in the theater its not really an obscure gem- but it did make me laugh, at least as much as tonight's episode of Last Comic Standing, and really, for a comedy, that's a good start. It was amusing seeing a Luke Wilson flick while You Me an Dupree played across the hall, their mugs on the poasters staring each other down. Wonder if Dupree clocked in with more than 3 people on a Tuesday at 7pm?

Anyway, thanks to a kind soul, I got a great introduction to the next era of Dylan on my journey through the past- the Saved/Shot of Love/Infidels era. And much to my surprise, I'm loving it. I must've listened to this particular track at least twenty times today:
Bob Dylan - High Away (get the whole bootleg here and here)

Hearing these tracks reminded me of just how much I enjoyed hearing the Black Crowes Sweet Pickle Salad boots, courtesy of An Aquarium Drunkard I'm not really a big Crowes fan but I love those four songs. If I had to pick...
Black Crowes - Clothes and Food

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home