skulls across america

music, this and that, etc.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

beirut


photo: from beirut's very own site

I unfortunately have absolutely nothing to add to the blogosphere re:Beirut. But I've had their songs stuck in my head for days, even after the mp3 player has been disconnected and the boombox in the van has been shut off. Jayna tells me that nobody says "boombox" anymore.

I'll say this- every other, maybe even two out of every three things that I read about Beirut seem to compare them to Neutral Milk Hotel. I suppose it makes me a lecherous outcast, but that comparison didn't give me any incentive to check out Beirut. Luckily, the album coming out next week is titled The Gulag Orkestar, and I think folks that know me will appreciate my instant admiration for an album title such as that.

anyway, here are the tracks haunting my waking hours:
  • Beirut - The Gulag Orkestar

  • Beirut - beluga
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home