skulls across america

music, this and that, etc.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Magnolia Electric Co



Today, one of my favorite bands, and one of their best songs:
Magnolia Electric Co - Farewell Transmission

Several years ago, I was listening to a lot of Neil Young, particularly Tonights The Night, On The Beach, and Time Fades Away, and I just couldn't figure out why there weren't any bands playing music like that anymore. Its not like the sound is obsolete, and its not like there aren't any more diamonds in that mine. When I got this album, I no longer had to wonder- somebody out there was reclaiming that territory. This is the first cut on Magnolia Electric Co, which is either the band's first, and self-titled, release; or its the last Songs: Ohia release; I think its officially the latter, which is all the more confusing due to the lack of the words "Songs: Ohia" anywhere on the darned thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home