skulls across america

music, this and that, etc.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Letters to Malcolm



Today, a brief mention of Letters to Malcolm: Chiefly on Prayer, by C.S. Lewis. This book really opened my eyes to what Lewis has to offer; while I'd found some inspiration from earlier readings of The Screwtape Letters and Mere Christianity, it was Letters to Malcolm, which I borrowed for an afternoon and finished by supper, that really inspired me, and spoke to me. I suppose its intellectual pride, and some thick headed-ness, that makes it so hard for me to get anything from standard daily devotionals and inspirational writings. Reading Lewis, thinking hard about the questions he asks and the points he makes, means much more to me.

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of Letters to Malcolm, and I don't have any of my notes with me, so I can't comment on anything specifically from the text- it takes many a re-reading for me to actually quote anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home